Commencing at 7:00pm
, the keynote speaker for the event will be Pauline Trubshaw
. Pauline is the designated officer for Sefton local authority.
Prior to taking up this post, Pauline spent 33 years as a police officer, finishing her career as the Detective Inspector in charge of the Public Protection Unit in Sefton. This specialist team of detectives investigate allegations of crime against children under the age of 18, normally committed by a family member. Pauline’s post involved partnership working with a number of organisations involved in the safeguarding of children.
Because of this background, Pauling brings a wide range of skills to her current post and is willing to share her experience with Welfare Officers to provide knowledge when dealing with any future allegations.
Areas covered during the course of the CPD event include:
- Introduction to the history and role of a Local Authority Designated Officer
- What is an allegation?
- Allegation management
- What does it mean for me as a Welfare Officer?
- Record keeping
- Recruiting staff (DBS and References)
- Keeping staff and children safe
In addition, the evening will provide an opportunity to meet and network with Liverpool County FA’s Welfare Officer, Gordon Johnson.
Places for this event, the first-ever of its type, are limited. Please contact Gordon Johnson via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 523 4488 Ext. 114 to reserve a place.
– places for this evening MUST be booked in advance. Liverpool County FA is expecting a good uptake and it is likely that places will be filled long before the event takes place.