International Clearance

Clubs and Leagues may or may not be aware, that to play in affiliated games, all players registered must have international clearance

FIFA Regulations governing the Status and Transfer of Players require National Associations to issue an International Registration Transfer Certificate for any player over the age of 12 who is moving from one National Association to another including across UK borders. Therefore, if your club is signing a player who has been playing in an country other than England they must first obtain International Clearance via the FA. This would include a player that has been playing at University in any of the other home nations.

Further details on International Clearance can be downloaded below along with an application form to be sent to the Football Association. Please note that players coming from the United Stated of America need to complete the US Soccer Federation Form.