REGISTER THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME SYSTEM
A new online player registration functionality has recently been introduced into the Whole Game System.
Following a successful six month pilot programme during which over 130,000 players were registered across 50 participating leagues, the new functionality is now to be made available to all grassroots leagues and clubs in England.
Whilst some leagues may initially decide not to use WGS for player registration purposes, all clubs will still benefit from using the system to maintain and manage their players' records. Amongst these benefits are:
• Secure storage of player records
• Records updated annually, creating a lasting history for each player
• Club and Team records available for league registration processes (where appropriate)
• More efficient club discipline management
• Use of the FA number (FAN) to create a single player view – particularly for clubs using Full-Time
• Providing your club with better player information to help you plan for the future
• Clubs are invited to start entering your players' details into WGS. Those of you within leagues who are using Full-Time to manage your fixtures and competitions administration will be able to match player records between that system and WGS.
Any players not already in Full-Time can be searched for and added directly into WGS using the FAN search function. This allows you to easily and securely identify players from across the national database.
Once you have found and attached your players you can then assign them to the appropriate team. At this stage the process is complete and your records are up to date and ready to be presented for league registration for season 2017/18.
To access the online player registration functionality you must be a Club Secretary or Player Registration Officer and start by logging in to: wholegame.thefa.com
Forgotten or don't know your FAN Number or Password?
Click here for information on how to retrieve your key information.