It is the responsibility of everyone involved in football to create a fair, safe and enjoyable environment in which the game can take place. The FA’s Respect programme provides tools for coaches, referees, volunteers and parents from grassroots to elite football – to help ensure a positive environment in which to play the game.
In Liverpool, our Leagues are signed up to the FA Respect programme and all FA Charter Standard clubs endorse the programme, with many embedding a specific Respect coordinator within their club or league.
There are various ways that your club can learn more about Respect and promote it throughout your club.
• Attend a league information session.
• Ref You Havin A Laugh Workshop
• Organise a club respect session informing everyone within the club of your expectations
• Communicate with parents and spectators
• Ensure your officials and coaches understand Respect
• Utilise the resources below
Liverpool County FA strives to support our clubs with as much resource and information to help implement the FA Respect programme within their club environment.
• Use Your Head: Here you will be able to download flyers, posters, signage and personalise them with their own league logos.
• Respect barriers: This scheme assists clubs in getting appropriate barriers for implementation of the Respect programme at club venues and facilities.
• Respect tools & guides: Supporting clubs with how best to implement the programme within your club.
• Posters: Attached below to be printed and posted in club facilities
For further information contact our Respect Lead Officer Ian Wild 07753741112 or Senior Football Development Officer Steve Swinnerton 0151 523 4488 Ext 105