Health and Wellbeing Non-Executive Director
Independent Non-Executive Liverpool FA Health & Wellbeing Director
- Advocate for good health & wellbeing within the football community as a Director on our Board.
- Champion initiatives promoting health & wellbeing, benefiting Members, Staff, and the football family across Merseyside.
- Establish new relationships with non-traditional partners in health & wellbeing fields.
- Source additional funding from external agencies to deliver health & wellbeing programs county-wide.
Liverpool FA with occasional travel to alternative venues
Estimated Time Commitment*
The role involves bi-monthly Board meetings, usually held on Tuesdays at Liverpool FA, but can also be accessed virtually, lasting around 2 hours. You'll also attend Health & Wellbeing Working Group meetings, General Meetings, and other County events.
Remuneration and Expenses
This is a voluntary role without financial remuneration. County FA Expenses will be reimbursed per the current Expense Policy. Travel and accommodation expenses for FA events, where applicable, will follow the County FA Expense Policy issued by The FA.
- Serve as a Director, actively participating in strategic management.
- Execute Director responsibilities as per Companies Act (2006) and relevant legislation.
- Safeguard business assets, members' and stakeholders' interests.
- Plan and deliver Liverpool FA Business Strategy and Operational Plan.
- Ensure effective implementation of Board decisions by the Chief Executive and staff, supporting strategic aims.
- Oversee risk management for the Association.
- Develop and maintain effective corporate governance.
- Monitor financial affairs and ensure efficient use of Liverpool FA finances.
- Promote equality of opportunity and a football for all ethos in a safe sporting environment.
- Represent the Association to partners and stakeholders professionally.
- Handle sensitive, confidential, or commercial information discreetly.
Health & Wellbeing
- Lead the creation of a health & wellbeing strategy for Liverpool FA.
- Oversee and develop innovative solutions to improve physical and mental health in Merseyside football.
- Engage effectively with stakeholders, including leagues, clubs, and Local Authorities, to support health & wellbeing initiatives.
- Identify, facilitate, and develop relationships with non-traditional delivery partners.
There are no specific qualifications required for this role, but it is desirable to have the following:
- Degree-level qualification in health & wellbeing.
- Accredited mental health related qualification (Mental Health First Aider certification)
- Experience in leading health & wellbeing strategies.
- Implementing workplace health & wellbeing improvement initiatives.
- Partnership working to improve health & wellbeing for under-represented groups.
- Customer service improvement experience.
- Generating, analysing, and implementing customer insight.
- Strategic leadership and management skills.
- Decision-making skills and informed decision-making for organizational benefit.
- Constructive debating, discussing, and challenging.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, fostering strong relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to understand financial accounts, management accounts, and budgeting.
- Email and internet proficiency.
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of the volunteer/professional relationship and how it supports the Association's work.
- Commitment to equality in action.
- Knowledge, understanding, and interest in grassroots sport, particularly football.
- Understanding of The FA National Game Strategy and its impact on County Football Associations.
- Familiarity with the Time to Change campaign.
Enhanced DBS Check required? No
Clean, full driving licence? Yes
To apply for this incredible opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of football in Merseyside, please send your CV and a compelling cover letter detailing how you embody our values and why you are the perfect fit for this role to Info@LiverpoolFA.com. Please include the role title within your email. If you require any amendments to the application process, or would like to discuss the vacancy further, please email the Liverpool FA Business Manager on Adam.Greaves-Smith@LiverpoolFA.com
Deadline for applications: Friday 6th October 2023
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities, religions, and abilities. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone involved in football in Liverpool.
Along with your application, please send a completed Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
Together, let's enhance health & wellbeing in football!