Inclusion and Equality Non-Executive Director
Independent Non-Executive Liverpool FA Inclusion and Equality Director
Are you passionate about promoting inclusion and equality in football?
Do you have the skills and experience to lead and inspire others? If so, you might be the perfect candidate for the role of Non-Executive Inclusion and Equality Director for Liverpool Football Association.
As a Non-Executive Inclusion and Equality Director, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the Liverpool FA’s inclusion and equality strategy, in line with the FA’s national strategy.
- Working with the County FA staff, board, council, clubs, leagues, and other stakeholders to increase inclusion and equality initiatives across all levels of the game.
- Ensuring that the Liverpool FA complies with all relevant legislation and best practice on inclusion and equality issues, such as the Equality Act 2010 and the FA’s Code of Ethics.
- Representing the Liverpool FA at external events and meetings related to inclusion and equality matters.
- Providing guidance and support to the Liverpool FA’s Inclusion Advisory Group and other sub-committees as required.
As a Non-Executive Director, you will also be expected to:
- Uphold the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and governance.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and oversight of the Liverpool FA as a whole.
- Attend regular board meetings and participate in decision-making processes.
- Act in the best interests of the Liverpool FA and its members at all times.
To be eligible for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a genuine interest in and commitment to football in Liverpool and its surrounding areas.
- Have relevant knowledge and experience in inclusion and equality matters, preferably in a football or sports context.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Be able to devote sufficient time and energy to the role, which is estimated to require around 10 hours per month.
If you think you have what it takes to be our Non-Executive Inclusion and Equality Director, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to Info@LiverpoolFA.com. Please include the role title within your email. If you require any amendments to the application process, or would like to discuss the vacancy further, please email the Liverpool FA Business Manager on Adam.Greaves-Smith@LiverpoolFA.com
Deadline for applications: Friday 6th October 2023
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities, religions, and abilities. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone involved in football in Liverpool.
Along with your application, please send a completed Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
We look forward to hearing from you!