Continued Professional Development
Learning and development is an active, continuous process. It's a journey that never ends. And one that is shaped by experiences and learning opportunities gathered anywhere, anytime.
To support your journey, The FA provides a range of learning opportunities for you to engage with. From events in your region to online resources to in situ mentoring, you can access the development support that will make the biggest impact to you and your role.
TRANSITION THROUGH THE FORMATS
Date: Tuesday 18th October 2022
Time: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Venue: LCFA Sefton, Drummond Road, Thornton, L23 9YP
Host: FA Regional Coach Development Officer – Chris Welburn
• Key considerations for the different formats of the game, including 5v5, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11.
• Utilising your practice and matchday time effectively to help prepare for the next step.
• Supporting your players across the 4 corners ahead of progressing to the next format.
IMPORTANCE OF 1V1
Date: Sunday 23rd October 2022
Time: 2pm – 4pm
Venue: Everton FC, USM Finch Farm, Halewood, L26 3UE
Host: Ray Raymond, Everton FC Academy Coach
• Key considerations for the importance of 1v1 across the different formats of the game.
• The ability to pass opponents in an attacking 1v1 phase.
• The ability to defend a 1v1 attack.
THRIVING ON THE PITCH
Date: Wednesday 30th November
Time: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Host: FA Regional Coach Development Officer – Chris Brammall
• This event is targeted at coaches who have recently completed FA Introduction to Coaching Football course.
• The event will support coaches who have completed the FA online course with transferring skills they have learnt onto the pitch with practical ideas to bring to life how we help ‘Players to love the game’, engaging and developing players skills.
• The event will include a practical session and attendees will be involved in the practices delivered.
• The event is a registered FA CPD event and will provide 2 accredited hours CPD.
ONLINE CPD COURSES
GRASSROOTS WEBINAR - HOW TO BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH PLAYERS AND PARENTS
Date: Monday 3 October 2022
Time: 7.30pm start
Venue: Online – enrolment deadline is Sunday 2 October
Absolutely. The FA runs events all over the country and for all levels. To explore events please visit our national CPD events page here.
If you're an FA Level 1 or 2 learner, continuous professional development hours are optional and so there is no longer a requirement for licensing.
If you're a UEFA qualified coach, however, you are required to complete 15 hours of CPD every three years to maintain your licence, which The FA recommends is best achieved by completing 5 hours per season