COVID-19 - CEO Update on Staff Furlough
Please see the important message, below, from Liverpool FA CEO, David Pugh...
Firstly, I hope you are all safe, well and keeping positive whilst we battle against this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic together.
Following a Liverpool FA Board meeting held on Monday 30th March 2020, I am writing to advise you on updated key actions we will implementing with immediate effect:
• Suspension of grassroots football including matches, training and friendlies to continue until further notice (in accordance with advice from The FA)
• All Liverpool FA events, courses and meetings are postponed as we are following Government guidelines (unless meetings can be held by Teams, Webex or other electronic means)
• Liverpool FA hub sites at Liverpool FA, Walton Hall Park, Liverpool and LCFA Sefton, Drummond Road will remain closed following Government guidelines.
• With effect from 1st April 2020, all Liverpool FA staff with the exception of those listed below will be on furlough leave at until further notice:
- David Pugh, CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anthony Smith, Football Development Manager – email@example.com
- Steven Swinnerton, Football Services Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kerri Wall, Finance Officer – email@example.com
Furlough leave is a temporary leave of absence for economic reasons and is designed to save jobs in the long term. All members of staff will not be financially disadvantaged during their period of furlough leave.
Our workforce have been unbelievably supportive of this decision and look forward to returning to work at the earliest possible opportunity.
Therefore, please direct any enquiries through to one of the four members of staff mentioned above and we will respond as swiftly as we possibly can.
Please stay safe, keep well, follow government advice and we hope to be playing football again soon.
Liverpool FA CEO
Please note that all dates listed above are subject to Government guidelines.