Let's Talk About Keeping Children Safe in Football
What you should expect and how you can play your part in safeguarding.
The FA is asking every parent/carer with a child involved in football to take a few minutes to watch our parent/carer video above called ‘Let’s talk about keeping children safe in football’.
It outlines what you should expect from your club and how you can play your part in safeguarding your child.
We are asking you to:
- Ensure you know who your child’s coach/manager is, how they will communicate with you, how you can contact them and how to get feedback on your child - ask if they are FA DBS checked and safeguarding trained
- Put the CWO name and contact details in your phone/notebook - ensure you and your child understand their role
- Be clear about acceptable and unacceptable behaviour at your child’s club - sign up and adhere to their codes of conduct
- Ask your child what they enjoy about playing - and remember this when supporting them!
- Agree with your child how you will support/check-in to see how they are doing
- Ensure your child understands their rights
- Ensure you and your child know how to report a concern
- Encourage your child to speak to you about anything that worries them, no matter how big or small
For any enquiries relating to safeguarding and/or welfare, please email email@example.com