“Can we play a match?”
This is one of the most common phrases we hear when working with enthusiastic players who love the game. How do we as coaches, supporters and volunteers help keep that life-long love for the game and provide the best possible experiences we can when it comes to a match day?
In this workshop on Thursday 7th April, we will aim to explore some of the challenges faced by coaches on a match day but also, the opportunities that it presents in terms of the following key aspects:
- Linking training to a match day.
- Supporting the learning and enjoyment of the players.
- How to plan, deliver and reflect effectively in relation to match day.
Led by FA Regional Coach Sarah Lowden, we will explore these areas through practical delivery and discussion to help you make the most of the favourite part of the week and give you some food for thought to support you throughout the season, with some hints, tips and ideas for you to take away and try out with your own players.
Questions this workshop will aim to answer:
- How do I plan for Match Days more effectively?
- What does organisation look like on a match day to help improve the experience for the players?
- In what ways can I help the players and myself reflect on the match day experience for future learning?
- Who else can support me on match days?
What can coaches expect to take away?
- Some thinking and planning tools to support coaches on a matchday, before a matchday, and during a matchday.
- Some coach self-reflection tools for after the match day
This FREE session will take place at LCFA Sefton on Thursday 7th April from 6:30pm to 9pm.
BOOK YOUR PLACE