Barclays believe in creating opportunities for all through access to football. That's why, in partnership with Sported, the Barclays Community Football Fund is providing grants, training, and exclusive ticketing offers to make football more accessible in communities across the UK.
This year the programme focuses on groups operating in areas of high deprivation and supporting young people from the following underrepresented groups; women and girls, racially diverse communities, young people with disabilities, from the LGBTQ+ community, and from lower socio-economic areas.
Community sports groups can apply to receive:
- £1000 Access Grants to spend on increasing underrepresented young people's access to play (note this has increased from last years £500)
- Up to £5000 Deep Impact grants available for existing fund recipients
- Coaching grants to get more women qualified to coach girls' football at a grassroots level
- A focus on IMD areas 1-3 only, except for disability groups. For clarity, with the exception of disability themed applications, grants will only be issued to organised within IMD areas 1-3 or to organisations who sit outside these areas but the majority of participants reside within IMD areas 1-3. Check postcodes here.
- Access grants have increased from £500 to £1000
- Previous recipients of grants can re-apply this year although priority will be given to those who haven’t applied before
There will be two application windows:
- Monday 12th February – Friday 12th April 2024
- Monday 15th July – Sunday 15th Sept 2024
Click here for more information