Liverpool County FA is pleased to announce that places are now available to grassroots coaches across Merseyside for our next Coaching Disabled Footballers Course.
Taking place between 9.00am and 4.00pm at Liverpool County FA’s Walton Hall Park HQ on Thursday 8 August 2019, the Coaching Disabled Footballers Course covers both theory and practical elements. By the end of the workshop, each participant should be able to meet the following outcomes:
- Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers
- Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
- Understand the player pathways available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competition
A brand-new element of this Coaching Disabled Footballers Course is a call-back evening, which will take place at Walton Hall Park on Thursday 28 November; three months after the course itself.
During this evening, coaches will be able to share details of their 16 logged voluntary hours with an affiliated disability club within Merseyside and have the opportunity to utilise the FA Coach Mentor programme.
Following this call-back evening, Liverpool County FA will sign off completed log books, the qualification certificate will be processed and on-going FA Coach Mentor support will be available on request.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK A PLACE ON OUR NEXT COACHING DISABLED FOOTBALLERS COURSE