We are excited to be teaming up with Pilkington WFC and Liverpool Women's & Youth Football League (LWYFL) for these sessions as part of our She Inspires initiative.
Free Goalkeeper Coaching CPD
The first session is aimed at both current and prospective goalkeeper coaches, as well as goalkeepers themselves, and aims to:
- To increase support to goalkeeper coaches in women's football in the area
- To increase support for outfield coaches who want to upskill their goalkeeper coaching development
This event will take place at Ruskin Drive (7pm-9:45pm) and will be run by Keith Rees and Neil Smerdon.
Following the coaching CPD, there will be seven specialist goalkeeper clinics, run by Neil Smerdon, for players within the LWYFL and She Inspires leagues.
These aim to:
- To increase support in the technical development of GK's in our women's leagues
- To provide a social and psychological supportive space for GK's to be around other GK's
- To increase support for outfield coaches who might find it difficult to accommodate the training and development of their GK's in a way they might want to
These sessions will take place on the following Wednesdays (7:45pm-8:45pm)
- 4th October
- 18th October
- 1st November
- 15th November
- 29th November
- 6th December
- 13th December
Only 10 places are available and these will be offered on a first come, first serve basis.
The cost of the sessions will be £70 for all sessions. The sessions would have to be booked as a block and we can't offer refunds for any sessions, unless there are exceptional circumstances. The cost is to ensure we can pay the GK coaches that come in to help.
If you send more than one GK we will reduce this to £60 per player.
The award-winning league, hosted at LCFA Sefton on Sundays, has over 25 teams involved.
It is designed as a place for female players of any age or ability to come down and have fun.
FIND OUT MORE